Here are 7 practical steps to help you face any difficult situation
- Salah. Make sure you stick to praying on time – 5 times a day. Never miss a salah and do your best to pray each Salah with sincerity as if it’s your last salah in this world.
- Read Quran. This Quran is so beautiful that no matter what difficulties you face you’ll find solace in it.
- Make Dua. Especially the dua for removing anxiety.
- Give Sadaqah. Give lots of charity, as much as you can, because it helps push away hardship. And if you can’t give money, even kind words or physical sadaqah can do (i.e. helping people physically or emotionally).
- Set Goals and Have Vision. Don’t let shaytaan play with you and keep replaying the video of your hardship in your mind over and over again, move on! Set new goals, new projects, and remember you’re with Allah, nothing should stop you!
- Wake up Early. Wake up before fajr and work on your ideas and projects, or simply read Qur’an. Getting busy before day break is a definite way to move away from your hardship and overcome challenges. Get most of your ideas/work done in these early hours, these are blessed hours.
- Hardship is Not Lost. Remember, Allah will never forget the injustice/hardship you faced, so don’t worry about seeking revenge or trying to get justice
In the end, I pray that Allah (Subhanahu Wa’Tala) removes all your ordeals and hardships, blesses you all with a good life and helps you remember Him day and night, for “Verily, with remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest”. (Surah Ar-Ra’d , verse 28)
O Allah! Support me and help me, and do not let others overpower me; guide me and make the following of Your Commands easy for me.
يَا حَيُّ ، يَا قَيُّومُ ، بِرَ حْمَتِكَ أسْتَغِيثُ
Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoom bi Rahmatika astagheeth
O Ever-Living, O Eternal, by Your Mercy I seek help.
[Sahih al-Hakim 1/545, Sahih al-Jami 4791, at-Tirmidhi – Sahih]
Anas (ra) reported that when the Prophet (saws) was distressed by something, he would say (the above)