اللهم اعني على ذكرك وشكرك وحسن عبادتك
Alahumma a’innee ala thikrika wa shukrika wa hus nee ibadatik.
O Allah, assist me in remembering You and being grateful to You and performing Your worship in an excellent manner.
رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي
Rabbishrah lee sadree wayassir lee amree wahlul ‘Uqdatam-mil-li saanee yafqahoo qawlee.’
O my Lord! Expand for me my chest; ease my task for me; and remove the impediment from my speech; so they may understand what I say.)(Surah Ta-Ha, 20:25-28)
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرُ هَذِهِ السُّوقِ وَخَيْرُ مَا فِيهَا وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهَا وَشَرِّ مَا فِيهَا اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أُصِيبَ فِيهَا يَمِينَاً فَاجِرَةً أَوْ صَفْقَةً خَاسِرَةً
“I entered in the name of Allah, I seek refuge in You (Allah) for the good in the bazaar and for the good of what is in it (the bazaar). O Allah, I seek refuge in you from false oaths and deception in transaction”
Here are 7 practical steps to help you face any difficult situation
- Salah. Make sure you stick to praying on time – 5 times a day. Never miss a salah and do your best to pray each Salah with sincerity as if it’s your last salah in this world.
- Read Quran. This Quran is so beautiful that no matter what difficulties you face you’ll find solace in it.
- Make Dua. Especially the dua for removing anxiety.
- Give Sadaqah. Give lots of charity, as much as you can, because it helps push away hardship. And if you can’t give money, even kind words or physical sadaqah can do (i.e. helping people physically or emotionally).
- Set Goals and Have Vision. Don’t let shaytaan play with you and keep replaying the video of your hardship in your mind over and over again, move on! Set new goals, new projects, and remember you’re with Allah, nothing should stop you!
- Wake up Early. Wake up before fajr and work on your ideas and projects, or simply read Qur’an. Getting busy before day break is a definite way to move away from your hardship and overcome challenges. Get most of your ideas/work done in these early hours, these are blessed hours.
- Hardship is Not Lost. Remember, Allah will never forget the injustice/hardship you faced, so don’t worry about seeking revenge or trying to get justice
In the end, I pray that Allah (Subhanahu Wa’Tala) removes all your ordeals and hardships, blesses you all with a good life and helps you remember Him day and night, for “Verily, with remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest”. (Surah Ar-Ra’d , verse 28)
اللَّهُمَّ إنِّى لَكَ صُمْتُ وَبِكَ آمَنْتُ [وَعَلَيْكَ تَوَكَّلْتُ] وَعَلَى رِزْقِكَ اَفْطَرْتُ
Allahumma inni laka sumtu wa bika aamantu [wa ‘alayka tawakkaltu] wa ‘alaa rizqika aftartu
O Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You [and I put my trust in You] and I break my fast with Your sustenance.
حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ
“Allah is sufficient for us and He is the Best Guardian”.
(Quran, Surah Al-Imraan)